Conference game Wilson 11 Colts7
- American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16UCan’t Stop Wilson’s Eighth Inning Rally In 11-7 Loss
- A tight game was decided in the eighth inning as American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U fell to Wilson 11-7 in eight innings on Sunday at Athens Drive High School.
- American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U was led byRyan Mitchell-Bagley‘s hitting. Ryan Mitchell-Bagley went 3-4, drove in one and scored three runs. He singled in the first and sixth innings and doubled in the eighth inning.
- Wilson easily handled American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U pitching as six hitters combined for 18 hits, nine RBIs and eight runs scored.
- The top of the first saw Wilson take an early lead, 4-0. The Wilson attack began with a single fromColton Cru. A groundout by Trey Dail then moved Cru from first to third. Thomas Helmssingled, scoring Cru. Wilson added more runs when Garris scored on an RBI single by Alston Pittman, Helms scored on an RBI single by Dallas Kemp, and Pittman scored on a fielder’s choice.
- After a quick strike from Wilson, American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U responded with five runs in the first. American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U scored on an RBI double byNoah Marshall, an RBI single by Nick Coughenour, an RBI single by Ryan Mitchell-Bagley, and a two-run error.
- American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U pushed across one run in both the sixth inning and the eighth. In the sixth, American Legion Post 67 Cary Colts 16U scored on a groundout byMatthew Ciancarelli, plating Ryan Mitchell-Bagley.
- Wilson stayed on top until the final out after taking the lead in the eighth, scoring five runs on an RBI double by Helms, a two-run home run by Pittman, and a two-run single by Dail.
Non Conference game Cary Colts 0 Wilson 4